Monday, November 28, 2011

On Calvin and Hobbes.

I have not grown up with Calvin and Hobbes. As a child I always made it a point to read Blondie, Garfield and skip Calvin. It did not appeal to my sense of colour, and I couldn't understand much of it anyway. Years later, in college, I got started. I was hooked. I am glad that I discovered Calvin and Hobbes a little late. It is better this way. Even now I never read too many at a go. Why spoil surprises? It's a magical world after all.

I recently came across Watterson's speech, 'SOME THOUGHTS ON THE REAL WORLD BY ONE WHO GLIMPSED IT AND FLED'. Go, read?

'Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?'

2 comments:

Elendil said...

Dude! Calvin and Hobbes was the one I always read first. Though to be honest, one has to be a little older to truly appreciate it.

I always used to wonder about his awesome vocabulary.

Riya Das said...

ei, amio chhotobelay skip kortam :D downloaded a huge collection during my undergrad yrs..tarpor puro hooked.