Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tagged!

I have been tagged by Arse Poetica, and hence this pretty nice (albeit narcissistic) effort:


If I were a beginning, I would be: ‘The night is fractured/ and they shiver, blue, those stars, in the distance…’
If I were a month, I would be: February
If I were a day of the week, I would be: Friday
If I were a time of day, I would be: Twilight
If I were a planet, I would be: Saturn
If I were a season, I would be: Monsoon
If I were a sea animal, I would be: Sea horse
If I were a direction, I would be: Neither here, nor there
If I were a piece of furniture, I would be: A small desk. Solid oak. Beside an open window.
If I were a sin, I would be: Lust
If I were a liquid, I would be: Darjeeling tea
If I were a fraud/scare, I would be: Nightmares… probably of locked rooms and snakes.
If I were a gem, I would be: Emerald.
If I were a tree, I would be: A striking silhouette at twilight and dawn…
If I were a tool, I would be: Paintbrush. Or a fountain pen.
If I were a flower/plant, I would be: Jasmine.
If I were a kind of weather, I would be: Stormy.
If I were a musical instrument, I would be:
Piano.
If I were an animal, I would be:
I’d rather be a goldfish.
If I were an emotion, I would be:
Rage.
If I were a vegetable, I would be:
Spinach.
If I were a sound, I would be:
The roaring sea or the crashing waves.
If I were an element, I would be:
Water
If I were a car, I would be:
Cherry red. White seats.
If I were a song, I would be:
Take This Waltz
If I were a food, I would be: Chocolates. Warm and melting.
If I were a place, I would be:
Lakshadweep.
If I were a material, I would be:
Cotton
If I were a taste, I would be:
Bitter-sweet.
If I were a scent, I would be:
The musty smell of yellowed pages.
If I were a religion, I would be:
Creating Utopia.
If I were a sentence, I would be:
‘Time, time, time/ See what's become of me’
If I were a body part, I would be:
Eyes
If I were a facial expression, I would be:
Brooding
If I were a subject in college, I would be:
Literature
If I were a shape, I would be:
A triangle, with a circle around it.
If I were a quantity, I would be:
Sold in pretty glass bottles.
If I were a colour, I would be:
Blue
If I were a thing, I would be:
Pretty old and worn. Antique!
If I were a landmass, I would be:
Snow drenched Kanchenjunga.
If I were a book, I would be:
The Bell Jar.
If I were a monument, I would be:
A temple in ruins.
If I were an artist, I would be:
M.C. Escher
If I were a collection of poems, I would be:
Anything by Lorca, Neruda, Hernandez or Plath.
If I were a landscape, I would be:
A vista painting.
If I were a watch, I would be:
Running behind time.
If I were God, I would be:
Flooding the Earth again.
If I were a vowel, I would be:
I
If I were a consonant, I would be:
S
If I were a formula, I would be:
Easy and ingenious.
If I were a Science, I would be:
Mathematics
If I were a theory, I would be:
Revised in a few years’ time.
If I were a famous person, I would be:
Dead. Happily so…
If I were an electronic equipment, I would be:
Run by a remote control, I guess.
If I were a sport, I would be:
Um. No idea.
If I were a movie, I would be:
The Sea Within
If I were a cartoon, I would be:
One of the Ghostbusters
If I were an explorer, I would be:
Sitting in my cabin drawing maps.
If I were a scientist, I would be:
Einstein (That hair!)
If I were a relation, I would be:
One who came once in a blue moon with loads of gifts from ‘Bilet’.
If I were a river, I would be:
Moody.(The Pat Boone way... ooh yes!)
If I were intoxication, I would be:
Praised by the likes of Coleridge.
If I were alone, I would be:
Elated for a while, and then elation wears off to leave a nice, comforting void.
If I were a question, then I would be:
Oh, tai bujhi?
If I were a hobby, I would be:
Stocking a personal library with good books.
If I were a habit, I would be:
Day-dreaming. Bitching (occasionally)
If I were an end, I would be:
A swan-song.
If I were you, I would be:
Still working a few things out. Then realize that I am (that is, you are) not worth it.

Most of my friends have been tagged already. So anyone who might want to do this- go ahead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty long though, but sounds interesting.

Dropped here through Raka s blog.

Good one...

Arse Poetica said...

i see.

Anoo. said...

@ashu:

Thank you :)

@arse poetica:

Really? :P